An exciting and rewarding area of our work is that of helping people who are missing one or more teeth by surgically providing tooth root substitutes known as dental implants. For nearly 30 years, dentistry has been perfecting our expertise in the many steps of this highly technical process, resulting in increased quality of life and confidence for a tremendous number of satisfied patients.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a modern tooth replacement method with many patient benefits. Each dental implant is made up of a titanium implant post that is surgically inserted below the gum and into the jaw, and a dental crown. When the dental implant post is placed, the jawbone naturally fuses with the post through a process called osseointegration creating a strong and lasting foundation.
Are Dental Implants Right for Me?
The implant process is a carefully coordinated effort between our team, your restorative dentist, and you. It varies according to your age, physical health, oral health status, and the number/location of teeth requiring replacement. When extensive bone loss has occurred at the location of the missing tooth, we also take care of 'site development', first building up adequate bone into which the implant will bond.
What the Benefits of Dental Implants?
- Closely mimics natural teeth- Dental implants have a "root" and a "crown" just as your natural teeth do making them the next best thing.
- Preserves facial structures- Your teeth provide the fullness for your cheeks and give your jawbone a purpose. Dental implants stop jawbone atrophy and keep your face looking full and youthful.
- Adjacent teeth remain intact- Traditional teeth replacement methods relied on natural teeth that needed to be reinforced with crowns and could become compromised by decay and gum disease. Dental implants are independent of your natural teeth
- Improved aesthetics and enhanced quality- Dental implants are made of advanced dental materials and with proper care, can last for more than 20 years.
- Convenient care- Once healed, dental implants can be cared for just as your natural teeth.
- Renewed confidence- Because dental implants look and feel just like your natural teeth, you won't hesitate to smile and laugh with an improved self-esteem, comfort and health.
Dental Implant Retained-Dentures
Patients with dentures looking for a more stable option might be candidates for dental implant-retained dentures. As the name implies, implant-retained dentures use dental implants to anchor a custom-made prosthetic in place for better, more natural fit. Implant retained dentures eliminate the slipping and sliding associated with traditional dentures.
If you're not familiar with the reliable, stable, and long-term solution dental implants present to missing teeth, we'd like to help you learn more. Contact us today to discuss how dental implants help create a healthy mouth and prevent further problems due to missing teeth. Our Plano periodontal and dental implant practice provides care to patients in the Dallas, Coppell, Flower Mound, Highland Village, Carrollton, The Colony, Richardson, Frisco, Allen, and McKinney communities. Drs. Bass and Hall may also recommend cosmetic dentistry procedures to further enhance the look of your newly complete smile. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you achieve a healthy smile and optimal oral health.