Laser Periodontal Therapy™
Laser Periodontal Therapy™ is a laser-based approach to gum disease using an Nd:YAG free running pulsed laser requiring specific knowledge and skills. To you, the patient, this means: less pain, less bleeding, less swelling, less tissue removed, less down time, and less recovery time which is decidedly less costly to you and your employer. The reasons we use Laser Periodontal Therapy™ are to: remove only the diseased tissue without removing any of the healthy tissue, maintain the height of the tissue around teeth, minimize pain and discomfort to the patient, get a closure of the periodontal pocket wound and allow healing to take place. Controlling periodontal disease makes it possible to save and restore otherwise advanced failing teeth.
1. Perio probe indicates excessive pocket depth.
2. Laser light removes bacteria and diseased tissue.
3. Ultrasonic scaler and special hand instruments are used to remove root surface tarter.
4. Laser finishes cleaning pocket and aids in sealing the pocket closed so new germs cannot enter.
5. Healing of gums to clean root surface occurs.
6. Bite trauma is adjusted.
7. Healing occurs.
Dr. Bass and Dr. Hall provide periodontal and dental implant care in Plano, Texas, happily providing care to patients in Dallas, Coppell, Carrollton, The Colony, Flower Mound, Highland Village, Richardson, Frisco, Allen, and McKinney as well. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you achieve a healthy smile and optimal oral health.